3. Personality Cult

The first accusation on the official statement of the Bishops is:


We condemn Aspirations to create a cult of personality
I believe this must have been their major beef with Pastor Sunday. I agree with the Bishops that we should not encourage cultism and idolatry. It is a command from God. This was one of the major reasons for the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century. Mariology is regarded as idolatry. I tried to find out what made the Bishops to make that statement. Yes, I will equally condemn the act if I find traces of it with Pastor Sunday. I will like the Bishops to expatiate on this. I found something though. I noticed that the Embassy of God Church members are very passionate and they love their Senior Pastor. He has so much effect in their life. I noticed that they express their feelings of love either by hugging each other.

If this expression of love is the only reason for which the Bishops accuse Pastor Sunday of personality cult, then it must be hypocritical of them. Most of these Bishops have Orthodox background. They should focus their energies to condemn outright idolatry of the Orthodox Church. See examples below:


For more on Orthodox veneration and idolatry, please visit the following links:
Orthodox Catholism
Orthodox Catholism
Orthodox Christianity versus Biblical Christianity
The Synoptics on Hypocrisy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Introduction

2. Bishops' Action Morally Justified?